A Tribute to Town Hall - by Doc Nolan

NOTE: Xenon Darrow here - I had done a post with these images by Doc Nolan in Regions. However, Doc followed up with this, so I thought it belonged here. I love this region, and it deserves to be highlighted once again. 

Long ago, a friend asked me to come to a meeting. I went, listened, and left, never bothering to look around. The words “Town Hall” meant little to me as a newbie other than (1) “a public building used for town-government offices and meetings” or (2) “an event at which a public official addresses an audience by answering questions posed by individual members.”

Recently I returned to the Town Hall region and looked around. A swimming pool? Offices and name tags on desks with titles? A ship anchored offshore? Palm trees and tropical waters? A large café? Stunning architecture?

My narrow focus on listening to people during my first visit blinded me. Returning opened my eyes -- not bad when you have an image-wired brain. It’s not that going back to the Town Hall region will revolutionize my life, but now I won’t be deaf to someone saying, “Let’s meet at the pool and talk about that” or “Do you have any suggestions for what we might use that half-finished building for?” or “It’s noisy here. Let’s go sit in the discussion pit behind the AMV Café.” 

A lot of life is just poking around and discovering what you have overlooked in a rush of purpose. It’s similar to looking through a camera lens and beginning to see the world rather than rushing past it.

Here is some music I selected that I believe fits. Enjoy...or not. 

Easter Parade - Bing Crosby












Comments

Popular Posts