Honesty & Relationships

Honesty is a huge component for me when it comes to any type of relationship, whether it be in the virtual world or real life. They are both equally important. I find that in the virtual world there is a much more likely chance that one can be sabotaged, only because of the people that are on the other end of the viewer knowing that no one is going to find out who they really are, etc. I've seen this time and time again in virtual life. 

 Although there are rare exceptions when a couple find each other, fall in love here in virtual, and get married in real life. It's a crying shame what some couples go through when there is dishonesty. They say that they are going to be loyal to one another until one of them decides to sneak away and find another or other relationships out there after promising to be exclusive. Not only that; some of them, in order to be more secretive, go on and make a separate avatar just so they can "do their thing," so to speak. I'm including both men and woman in this, but to be honest with you, I see more men doing this than woman. 

 Maybe it's just me <shrugs shoulders>, but why do men have to have their ego's so boosted up? Why do some of them think that they are the most important part of a relationship that they can do anything that their second brain tells them to do. The second brain in some men totally rules their existance and actions. Without that, they would be nothing. This also happens in real life but happens so much more in virtual life. This is where falsity comes in to play about the whole virtual life system. 

 I know that a lot of virtual life is fake. But a lot of it is not fake. Relationships and learning are a big part of virtual life to me. I am one that can't get enough when it comes to learning things like scripting, building, creating, etc. Whatever is in virtual life to learn, I am always one to be in the know and wanting to learn more about everything possible. While learning all that I can here in virtual, I can take that knowledge with me into real life situations. That is a plus! 

 As for relationships regarding friendships that we grow into with one another, that's a real factor. I'm not talking about couples (lovers) in this instance. I am talking about the bonds that each of us make with one another and some of those extend into real life. Rarely, but some of us actually meet each other, which is exceptional! Most of the time, when these relationships come extensively close, they give each other their personal information like address, phone number, etc. I for one have a few of these types of relationships. 

I treasure and trust these friends with my whole heart and soul. It's a privilege for me to have these types of relationships. I feel honored and Blessed. I also see how these types of relationships bless others too. It's nice to have friends to confide in and trust. It helps to get me through my day sometimes, as I don't go out and socialize very much in real life. It's nice that we can lift each others real life burdens and make it easier for one another to move on with their day. 

 I have lots of friends here in virtual life to go shopping with and play greedy with . . . LOL! ;) Just to do things with that are not as close as the ones that are exceptional. It's great just to go out and have fun with one another while enjoying each others company. I even have some male friends that I hang out with that are just that, friends (not lovers). I am a person that embraces honesty in either type of relationship, couples and friends both, a close bonded friendship and a friendly friendship. 

 I will continue to grow in those relationships while I weed out the dishonest, untrusworthy relationships while throwing the latter to the wind. Virtual life has it's falsities but has much more to give when it comes to true and honest real relationships. I am very thankful to be a part of all that virtual life has to offer.

Comments

  1. Another very relevant post! Thank you for saying this, Angela! It is sometimes difficult to keep perspective and manage expectations, both here and in rl. I am terribly guilty of that, though I do try to communicate fully to manage what is happening. There is only so much one can do if the other person is determined to withhold or be dishonest. (And no, I am not necessarily equating them, but they are the same in some cases.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts